Sunday, October 28, 2007

Article Syndication

Sometimes I write to my blog and sometimes I write to gooruze and sometimes I write to forums. The problem I have is that there ends up being three separate instances of the same article floating around the net. I was wondering if you guys post articles to your blogs first or post articles to gooruze, or whatever other network/community you’re a part of first? Do you even cross syndicate at all? It would be interesting to have a standardized article format that would, ideally, be compatible to all major publishing mediums (e.g. blogs, social networking sites, etc.) For example take an imaginary article I have written with a URL similar to http://whateverarticlehost.com/articlename. I could then go to a website that’s compatible with that format and just enter the address to that article and it would automagically be displayed on the site so I wouldn’t have to rewrite it. Another feature would be that if I need to edit the article, it updates the article on all the sites that link to it. Does anyone see any inherent errors with this system? What are your thoughts? Is it the way of the future; or simply the ramblings of an obsessed mind?

blog comments powered by Disqus