Thursday, June 14, 2007

Update on Custom GTD System

This post is an update on the Custom GTD System post.

I've added another element to my posting icons. As you may remember, The ones I currently use are $, ,,. I've added P to the list.

P stands for Project. I use this to designate that I want to start a new project but haven't thought of any Next Actions yet. If I have thought of Next Actions then I'll append an -> after the P and then enter a Next Action. For example:

P Build Shelving unit -> Bring cardboard boxes home from work

If I want to add a Next Action to an already existing project I use the -> after the action name, and then I add the project name. For example:

Get tape -> Shelving Unit

I've also started using N for Personal Note, - is now reserved for multi-line entries:

N Smile!
This is an entry
      - thats spans more than one line.